Porthcothan House (sleeps 11), Padstow
Beach / Coastal | Chic and Stylish | Family Friendly | Gourmet Escape | Holiday Home | Pure Luxury | Sea Views
About Porthcothan House (sleeps 11), Padstow
Porthcothan House is a luxury 5 star holiday home sleeping up to 11 people on the North Coast of Cornwall with a wonderful location near Padstow and 600 yards from Porthcothan Bay, an area of outstanding natural beauty. Porthcothan House is light, spacious, elegantly furnished, full of character and has a lovely atmosphere. It has 6 well proportioned bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a shower/steam room and sleeps 11 but is also perfect for 2 people. The sitting rooms are warm and comfortable, the kitchen is well equipped and the dining room and conservatory are ideal for entertaining. All the main rooms face west and have sea views, perfect to watch the sunset in the evenings.
The beds are what sets this luxury holiday home in a league of its own, you’ll find Savoir beds in every bedroom. If you don’t know about Savoir Beds, they’re the ultimate in handmade luxury beds and mattresses made in London. The company is best known for creating The Savoy Bed, which was first made in 1905 for The Savoy Hotel – loved by Winston Churchill, Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chapin et al., is one of the most comfortable beds in the world, perfect for the best possible night’s sleep.
Porthcothan House is located midway between Watergate Bay and Padstow in North Cornwall, Porthcothan House is in a prime position overlooking Porthcothan Bay, an area of outstanding natural beauty and is 600 yards from the beach and coastal Path.
Key Facts / Features
- Luxury Georgian farmhouse with period charm & modern comforts (Aga, CH, steam room, woodburners).
- Spacious, light and full of character, with lovely atmosphere & sea views from almost all rooms.
- 600 yards from Porthcothan beach.
- 7 sandy beaches within 4 miles.
- Minutes from Padstow, Watergate Bay & Championship golf course at Trevose.
- In an AONB & next to the Coast Path.
- Savoir beds, including the original ‘Savoy Bed’ made from the Savoy Hotel.
There are five twin/double bedrooms and one single. All doubles face west and have lovely views of the Bay and coast and often a whisper of breakers at high tide. The single is charming and beside bedroom 1 / bathroom 2. The beds are by Savoir (4 are Savoir No2 Beds, the original ‘Savoy Bed’), duvets and pillows natural white goose down* – the ultimate in warmth and comfort.
Bedroom 1: twin/double Savoir No2 Beds, French windows on two sides that look across the valley out to sea. Oak floor, yew dressing table, fitted wardrobes. En suite bathroom.
Bedrooms 2, 3 & 5: all with sea views, twin/double Savoir beds, dressing table, fitted wardrobes, carpeted.
Bedroom 4: as Beds 2, 3 & 5 except oak wardrobe and chest of drawers instead of dressing table and fitted wardrobe.
Bedroom 6: single Savoir bed, oak chest of drawers, oak floor.
4 bathrooms & 1 twin shower/steam room.
Kitchen, Dining, Sitting, Drawing, Hall, Conservatory & Utility.
Aga, cooker, 42″ HD TV, Sky, DVD, DAB radios, US fridge/freezer, Miele DW, WM & TD, Sage Duo-Temp coffee m/c, microwave, Riedel glass et al.
WiFi (superfast fibre); telephone by honesty system.
Full mains gas CH; double glazing; 3 woodburning stoves.
Slate table & benches; loungers & bbq.
Parking for > 5 vehicles.
Nearby within 6 miles
There’s so much to do on your doorstep, go surfing at one of the 7 bays, a spectacular coastline walk, play a round of golf or tennis at Trevose, indulge in a cream tea at Bedruthan Steps, fish and chips at Rick Steins or fine dining at Paul Ainsworth, Nathan Outlaw or the Pig at Harlyn House.
- Coast Path & local shop (600 yds)
- Trevose Golf Club & Constantine (2 miles)
- St Merryn with garage, post office, baker, general stores & Rick Stein pub (2 miles)
- Padstow with harbour, shops, the Camel Trail & restaurants run by Rick Stein, Paul Ainsworth & Nathan Outlaw (5 miles)
- Watergate Bay & the Extreme Academy (6 miles)
- Newquay Airport (6 miles)