Penarvon House, Helford (Sleeps 8)
Helford River, Lizard Peninsular, South Cornwall
Family Friendly | Holiday Home | Pet Friendly | Pure Luxury
About Penarvon House, Helford (Sleeps 8)
Penarvon House is a luxury holiday home, idyllically overlooking the Helford Estuary on the Lizard Peninsular in Cornwall. Set over three floors and with an exquisite interior, this superbly located, detached house is an incredible spot to bring friends and family together for a holiday to remember.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x first floor king-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x lower ground floor four poster king-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x lower ground floor king-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x lower ground floor twin
- Lower ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC
- Open-plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire
- Games room with 4 pull-out beds and snooker table.
- Underfloor heating throughout and individual thermostatic controls for each room and open fire
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Sky Sports and BT Sport, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and all fuel for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Gravelled garden and lawned areas with terraces, BBQ and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome (restricted to kitchen, dining and sitting areas by stairgates)
- Additional dogs £50 per dog
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and beach 10 mins walk
- Note: Please advise at the time of booking if you require a mooring during your stay
- Note: If you require the pull-out beds, please advise at the time of booking
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Please note – Maximum party of 8 including any children/infants
- Please note – This property operates a refundable good housekeeping bond of £300 for bookings made after 6th August 2018
- Note – No stag, hen or similar parties Check out time is 09:30
- For every 30 minutes later, customers will be charged £100 from the Good Housekeeping Bond
If you are looking for a truly special house for an amazing holiday then look no further.
Located in a stunning setting, proudly sat above the Helford Estuary, is the award-winning Penarvon House which was featured on TV’s Fantasy Homes by the Sea, and the minute you arrive you will understand why.
Driving down a private lane you reach the house entrance, passing through the electric gates and there, in front of you is a house that dreams are made of.
Completely private and enclosed you will notice terraces on both sides from where you get the most breathtaking views of the estuary.
Entering into the house is where you will sense the real WOW factor.
Passing the cloakroom and utility room, you enter into the massive light and airy kitchen and dining area with French doors leading out onto the patio terrace.
The superbly-equipped, fully-fitted kitchen features Neff appliances including a double oven.
Passing the large handmade dining table, four steps will take you into the wonderful 15 metre sitting room.
This spectacular relaxing room has amazing views every which way you look.
For cooler evenings, and for wonderful winter breaks, the large open fire will ensure cosy evenings sat in front of the fully-integrated 50” TV with family or friends in the comfy sofas and armchairs.
The bedrooms, again, are truly luxurious with three double bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities, and a twin bedroom with a large bathroom opposite; three of the rooms are on the lower ground floor as you enter the house but look out over to the rear gardens, whilst the master room is on the upper floor and commands superb views.
If you have children with you, they will no doubt be spending a great deal of time in the superb games room where they can even have the adventure of sleeping there as well as there are comfortable pull-out beds.
Just a few minutes’ walk down from the house, along a pretty private lane, you’ll find the picture postcard village of Helford with its excellent village store and the famous Shipwrights Arms thatched pub, which is situated right on the river.
The Helford Sailing Club offers temporary membership and a mooring is available with the house.
With so much going on based on the river, you could be tempted not to venture too far away but this is an area with beautiful walks, delightful beaches and creeks, famous gardens to visit and the whole of the amazing Lizard Peninsula to explore.
Penarvon House is a perfect place to stay in Cornwall for that special holiday or break whatever time of year, whether it’s in winter with the open fire, the underfloor heating system and the individual thermostatic controls for each room to give you all the warmth and comfort you need, or during the summer with the fantastic water-based activities on offer