The Old Steam Laundry, Bude
Bude, North Cornwall
Chic and Stylish | Holiday Home | Romantic
About The Old Steam Laundry, Bude
The Old Steam Laundry in Bude, north cornwall, has been recently renovated and is located in a unique quiet location on Bude Canal. The Old Steam Laundry is a luxury spacious holiday home which can sleep up to 12 people. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, a private jetty with outdoor seating and a rowing boat.
A few minutes walk to the town centre, beaches, pubs, restaurants and the South West Coast path. Bude is an award winning seaside town with numerous beaches to explore and boasts to have more sunshine than most British towns.
- The ground floor comprises of a porch area, ideal to store surf boards, wet suits, bikes etc.
- A generous kitchen and dining room, this space is divided but open via a large archway so it can used as a sociable, entertaining room.
- There is also a shower room with toilet and a snug. The snug has a TV and double sofa bed which for large groups can be used as an extra bedroom or a great space to relax.
- The kitchen has a range cooker with double ovens and 5 ring gas hob, microwave, large fridge, large freezer, wine chiller, dishwasher and washing machine.
- The dining room has a large dining table which comfortably seats 12 people and a sofa.
The first floor has an impressive living room, with sofas, large tv and oak stripped flooring. This is a superb light space with numerous windows looking out over the canal and nature reserve. Also on this floor are 2 bedrooms, the first with a king sized bed and stunning en suite shower room. The other Bedroom has twin beds which can be zipped together to make a kingsize bed offering great flexibility, this room opens onto a small courtyard with a small table and 2 chairs.
The top floor has two further bedrooms one which is a family room with a king size bed and bunk beds. The other has twin beds which again can be zipped together to make a king size bed. There is a spacious bathroom with large shower cubicle and separate bath.
Outside there is a large jetty (5.4m x 2.8m) on the edge of the canal with a table, bench and seats to relax. A perfect place for fishing, feeding the ducks and geese and enjoying the peace and quiet of the canal.
There is also a rowing boat which is available for guests to use. Maximum of 4 people at one time, life jackets are available and must be worn by children and non swimmers. Use of the boat is at the guests own risk.