Peacehay Barn is a large luxury holiday home with hot tub, 5 bedrooms (sleeps 12) near Padstow, north coast of Cornwall, perfect stay for families and large groups. The open plan lounge/kitchen/diner provides the perfect entertainment area, opening up onto 2 separate balconies which take advantage of the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Gwel an Mor
- North Cornwall ,
- Beach / Coastal |
- Chic and Stylish |
- Dog Friendly |
- Eco-Friendly |
- Family Friendly |
- Gourmet Escape |
- Holiday Home |
- Hot Tub Luxury |
- Large Luxury |
- Pure Luxury |
- Romantic |
- Sea Views |
- Spa Hotel
About Gwel an Mor
Gwel an Mor offers one of the best family friendly places to stay in Cornwall with 5 star luxury self catering accommodation and an impressive array of leisure activities available for all the family. The 5 star luxury resort of Gwel an Mor is located on the north coast of Cornwall overlooking the picturesque fishing village of Portreath and is the perfect luxury place to stay in Cornwall especially for a family holiday. Gwel an Mor whose Cornish name means ‘view of the sea’ has won many awards and accolades including Visit England’s Holiday Village Of The Year and holds the David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation.
- 5 star luxury self catering accommodation including luxury lodges many with sea view and hot tub.
- Close to the sandy beach of Portreath – popular with surfing, bodyboarding, paddleboarding and sandcastle making.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and wellbeing spa.
- Eco friendly luxury lodges and wildlife conversation – the resort runs rescue programs and breeding programs.
- Well equipped air-conditioned gym.
- Terrace Restaurant & Bar – offers spectacular sea views and a delightful setting for a spot of lunch, afternoon cream tea or a gourmet evening meal with outstanding locally sourced dishes and daily specials featuring fresh catches of the day. Open for dine-in, takeaways and lodge deliveries, plus the beer garden is also the perfect way to enjoy some al fresco dining with a sea view.
- Family friendly – so much to do for families including base camp with soft play (and cafe for the adults), outdoor children’s play area, wildlife activities (tame foxes, falcon flying and rock pooling), many sports including golf, fishing, archery, axe throwing, Clip and Climb, laser tag, soft play, sports court (tennis, badminton, basketball and football).
- Dog friendly features – wide range of pet-friendly accommodation available.
- Golf – famous nine golf course replicates some of finest holes from the world’s best courses, from the 12th hole at Augusta National to the iconic 17th at Sawgrass.
- Fishing – Clover fishing lake, a 2-acre coarse fishing lake is home to 12 beautiful swims to choose from, including a wheelchair accessible swim for those with physical needs. The lake is stocked with a mixture of Tench and Carp that range in size from tiddlers up to 16lbs to cater to a range of experiences.
There’s a fantastic range of luxury self catering accommodation available including two story Scandinavian Lodges, cosy and exclusive Lakeside Lodges or experience eco-luxury at one of the Residence Eco Lodges offering balconies to make the most of the amazing sea views, bubbly hot tubs and wood burners all in an ultra-stylish contemporary environment.
The two and three bedroom lodges are furnished with everything you may need even down to the hot tub on your private terrace and log burner in the living area. Gwel an Mor offers assisted living accommodation for those with limited mobility and is the ideal place to stay in Cornwall for a luxury family holiday.
The stunning lodges are contemporary furnished and equipped to a high standard. Half of the lodges are ‘upside down’ style so the lounge is upstairs opening onto balconies, making the most of the incredible views across the park. The other lodges are truly modern and contemporary single storey eco lodges, all of which benefit from their own decking and hot tub. The lodges all enjoy their own sun deck with stylish furniture.
Each of the 5 star luxury lodges look out across the dramatic Atlantic Ocean. From stormy winter days to calm summer evenings with soft breezes playing in the trees, the view is always changing but constantly captivating.
Pulling back the curtains to sea views. Slipping into the warm bubbles of your private hot tub. Breathing in the fresh salty sea air. It’s the small details that add up to the perfect holiday in Cornwall. From discovering a complimentary chilled bottle of wine in your lodge fridge when you arrive to plump pillows piled high on sumptuous beds. After a day of adventures visit the Wellbeing Spa with therapies ranging from massages to hot stone treatments letting you fully relax and unwind.
Experiencing Cornwall can be tailored to your own pace; stroll along the local beach at Portreath, or grab a surf board and hit the waves with the surf school, wander the coastal areas of Falmouth, St Ives or the vibrant city of Truro (all within 20 minutes drive). There are popular tourist hotspots not far from Gwel An Mor such as The Eden Project, St Michael’s Mount at Marazion plus many National Trust places across Cornwall worth visiting.
Love this place? Spread the love!
Idlewild luxury holiday home in St Agnes (sleeps up to 8) is close to the beach, coastal path, dog friendly and boasts architectural beauty and a prime location from which to enjoy the north coast of Cornwall.