Lower Mellan Barn (sleeps 10), Coverack
Coverack, South Cornwall
Family Friendly | Holiday Home | Sea Views
About Lower Mellan Barn (sleeps 10), Coverack
Lower Mellan Barn is located in Coverack, South Cornwall and offers a garden, lovely sea views and a terrace. The accommodation is 23 miles from Falmouth, 12 miles from Helston and guests benefit from complimentary WiFi and private parking available on site. The holiday home features 5 bedrooms, a TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a bath or shower. Guests at the holiday home can enjoy billiards on site, or go golfing or fishing in the surroundings.
- Five bedrooms: 2 x ground floor king-size double with en suite shower, WC and basin, 1 x ground floor double, 2 x ground floor twin (zip/link can be super king-size double on request)
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower, WC and basin
- First floor shower room with shower, WC and basin
- First floor open-plan kitchen with dining area
- First floor utility
- First floor sitting room with adjoining playroom
- Second floor games room with table football and a multi games table featuring pool, and air hockey.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating and woodburner
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off-road parking
- Enclosed garden with lawned areas and patio area and furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Note: Children to be supervised due to pond
- Shop 8 mins walk, pub 12 mins walk
- Note: Minimum stay of 3 nights, please
This superb spacious house offers luxury accommodation in a wonderful location overlooking the sea in the beautiful unspoiled fishing village of Coverack on the tip of the stunning Lizard peninsula.
Only a few minutes walk from the large crescent shaped beach this homely house really does have it all.
After parking directly outside you enter into the impressive hallway on the first floor, here are situated the comfortable sitting room with the childrens playroom adjoining and the kitchen/ diner with both rooms having access to the balcony offering ample space for alfresco dining looking directly out to sea over the beautiful gardens.
The five tastefully furnished bedrooms, two of which are en suite, are all on the ground floor whilst there are two additional bathrooms, one on the ground floor and one on the first floor.
On the second floor and likely to be a real hit with children and dad’s is the games room with table football, pool and air hockey or keeping everyone entertained if the weather is inclement.
Outside the secluded and private split level gardens and terraces offer a choice of spots for sunbathing with loungers provided.
With Coverack village with a choice of restaurants and an excellent pub on the harbour a short walk away and the splendid beach the same everything is on hand here for a family holiday to remember to be enjoyed all year round being also suitable for couples who will appreciate the large variety of water sports available on the beach.
About the location
St Keverne 2 miles; Helston 12 miles; Falmouth 18 miles.
Coverack is a small fishing village on the Lizard Peninsula, a few miles from Lizard Point in Cornwall, the most southerly point on mainland Britain. Coverack is a beautiful and peaceful place to escape the main tourist routes and offers a beach in the sheltered bay, which is ideal for swimming, windsurfing and kayaking, as well as shops, pub and restaurants. St Keverne (4 miles from Poldowrian) has a Post Office, shops and 2 pubs. The Lizard Peninsula has many spectacular coves and beaches and is noted for its rare geology and plants. From Lizard Point there are wonderful sea views from the windswept cliffs, which provide fabulous walking opportunities along this stretch of the South West Coast Path. Inland is the market town of Helston, known for its Flora Day Festival, and in Gweek is The Cornish Seal Sanctuary. Flambards theme park is just 20 minutes’ drive away and just over ten miles away is the Culdrose Airfield, where once a year the public are welcome to come and meet the Fleet Air Arm, the Royal Navy’s flying force. Coverack is ideally located for exploring The Lizard Peninsula, as well as the lovely seaside towns of St Ives and Falmouth and many other beaches and pretty villages.